Tips for using the Vivint Smart Hub in your Savannah smart home
The Vivint Smart Hub is the center of your home’s security system as it connects your security sensors, cameras, locks, and thermostats into a single unified system. This easy-to-use, 7-inch color interface places you in complete charge of your Savannah home’s automation and security. Learn more about how it can benefit you and check out recommendations to get started.
What can the Vivint Smart Hub in Savannah do for you?
Wirelessly coupling to components through radio frequencies and Z-Wave communications, the Vivint Smart Hub is the control system for your residence. You may disarm or arm your system, program lights, set the temperature, and more. If adding a doorbell camera, you can even chat with someone at your front door. The Vivint Smart Hub includes cellular capability and a backup battery for added reliability. It also offers total remote operation via the Vivint mobile app.
Here’s an idea of the things you can do:
- Review real-time or saved video from your integrated security cameras
- Arm and disarm your home security
- Toggle lights on or off
- Close or open your garage door
- Adjust your smart thermostat settings
- Speak directly to monitoring professionals
You can enhance convenience even more with your Vivint Smart Hub in Savannah by setting schedules or creating rules. To illustrate, you can have your smart thermostat automatically adjust nightly at a certain time. Or, you can incorporate rules like having your entrances unlock whenever the smoke alarm triggers.
Steps for arming and disarming your security system
Before you get into all the terrific things your Vivint Smart Hub can accomplish, you’ll need to grasp how to arm and disarm your home’s security. It’s simple - just abide by these instructions:
- Tap the shield icon on the home screen and swipe to the right for “Away” and left for “Stay.”
- Stay indicates you will remain in your house and arms everything besides interior doors and motion sensors.
- Away signifies you will be gone, and each sensor in the home will engage.
- To disarm, just slide down the shield icon and enter your PIN.
The home screen will display a message if the system isn’t able to arm. For example, an open window or door will urge you to take action. Keep in mind that you are still able to arm the system by using the steps above. You will then need to verify you wish to circumvent the sensor in question.
Adding users to your Vivint Smart Hub in Savannah
Although various users can be set up when you first get your system, you may want to add an additional user down the road. Here are instructions to do so.
- Tap the menu icon (three dots) at the bottom right-hand side of the welcome screen.
- Press “Users” and input your PIN.
- Select “Add new user” near the bottom.
- Tap “Name,” enter the new user, and hit the Next button.
- If you want to give the user remote access, choose email or phone and submit the information to dispatch an invitation.
- Hit Next and then create a PIN for this new user.
- To delete a user, simply proceed to the menu, tap users, select the user you wish to get rid of, and then press “Delete User.”
Add security and convenience to your home with Vivint
Would you like to take control of your home’s automation and security through an intuitive touchscreen interface? You’ll appreciate the Vivint Smart Hub and your new Savannah security system. Call (706) 770-6267 to get started.