What should you do if your Savannah home alarm system goes off?
Your home security system protects your property – and your loved ones – against the multitude of risks you could face, like break-ins, fire, and flooding. Despite the fact that your home might be ready, that doesn’t necessarily mean you are. Do you have a good idea of what to do if your Savannah home alarm system goes off? The sound of an alarm is often jarring, disorienting, and may provoke panic. Your best choice is to stay level-headed and abide by these straightforward guidelines.
Steps to Take If Your Home Alarm System In Savannah Sounds
You don’t want to be in this dilemma, but it’s also why you put in a home alarm system from the outset. You’re awakened from a deep sleep with the distinct blaring of an alarm after a security sensor has been triggered. What should you do?
- Try not to panic. This is easy to say but harder to do when your home security alarm is blaring, and your pulse is beating rapidly. But staying calm is the most effective way to assess what is happening. Avoid the temptation of trying to manage the emergency alone but instead allow your monitoring agents and first responders to carry out their job.
- Attend to your loved ones. Your primary concern should be your loved ones and leading them to safety. If you are dealing with a intrusion, this might include proceeding to a designated safe room as far away from entry points as possible. The intruder was probably already turned away by the alarm, but it’s always a good idea to be extra careful. If there’s fumes or a blaze, please vacate your house without delay.
- Don’t forget your phone. The vast majority of individuals keep their cell phones with them at all times these days, but you might forget to take it during an emergency. Try to remember it. You’ll have the chance to stay in touch with your monitoring professionals and receive notifications through your home security app.
Connect With Your Round-the-clock Monitoring Agents
Whenever your home alarm system in Savannah goes off, your round-the-clock monitoring specialists will spring to action. The first move is to verify your alarm, and that means reaching out to you. The guideline they follow depends on the kind of emergency. For instance, if the emergency is is for medical reasons, one attempt will be made to get in touch with you before assistance is dispatched. If you’re dealing with a burglary alarm - the most typical kind of event - a monitoring agent will follow these guidelines to get in touch with you:
- An effort will be made to communicate with you through the touchscreen interface. You will usually be required to supply a passcode.
- If that effort doesn’t get an answer, a call is made to your principal contact number.
- A second number or your first contact person is called next.
- If there is still no answer, local police are deployed.
- Your monitoring agents will follow up with you again after authorities are alerted.
If you're not in a situation where you can interact with the monitoring team, don’t fret. Help will still be sent even when you're not able to confirm the emergency.
Prepare for any crisis with a Vivint home alarm system in Savannah
Be prepared for any emergency with a contemporary home alarm system in Savannah from Vivint. Contact (706) 770-6267 to start the customization of your home’s protection today.